The most comprehensive, award-winning aviation weather book in the industry.
Covers in detail the latest METAR, TAF and graphic weather products from FAA AC00-45E, Aviation Weather Services. International weather and accident/incident information is included to add relevance to the weather data. Expanded coverage of icing, weather hazards and flight planning. Includes review questions with answers at the end of the book.
Changes to this 4th edition (2013) include: In this fourth edition of Jeppesen Aviation Weather, the author - Peter Lester - has added information about new developments in the acquisition of weather data and how pilots can access and apply that data. Examples of available weather products have been updated and the text revised to reflect the shift toward electronic access to weather reports and forecasts. Reader input prompted the addition of many new NTSB reports to illustrate relevant flying hazards. The author added an additional real-world scenario to demonstrate how weather information can be applied during flight planning. He also clarified several explanations of the basic physical concepts that create weather and updated many of the descriptions of atmospheric phenomena.
- Over 500 full-color illustrations and photographs
- Covers topics like icing, weather hazards, and flight planning
- Reviews material with questions with answers at the end of the book
- Appendices cover common conversions, weather reports, forecasts, and charts, as well as domestic and international METAR, TAF, and graphic weather products
- Includes international weather considerations
- Examples of accidents/incidents helps illustrate the weather data
By Peter F. Lester.