This is a most important area of study for a modern pilot. This volume has been specially prepared to meet the requirements of professional pilots – whether they are flying single-pilot IFR or as a member of an RPT crew. The book covers, and in some areas leads, the CASA syllabus for CPL and ATPL examinations in Human Factors. Full colour and case bound.
Human Being Pilot
This book was designed to serve several purposes:
- to encompass the theoretical knowledge required for the pilot who is to study for commercial (CPL) or airline transport (ATPL) examinations on Human Factors;
- to add to the knowledge of medical practitioners and specialists on the developments and discoveries about human behaviour in the stressful and demanding sphere of flight;
- to harmonise internationally, so as to be relevant to all ICAO-compliant licences and associated human factor training programs;
- to serve as the primary human factors reference for competency-based training at all levels of flight training, including not only airline crew resource management (CRM) and threat and error management (TEM) but all facets of aviation operations including general aviation and ab-initio flight training;
and most importantly,
- to broaden general knowledge and to promote discussion and further reading into this vital and fascinating topic – across the aviation industry.
Knowledge about our human machine is the most important information needed for the modern pilot, crew member, supervisor and ground staff to perform effectively the multi-functional tasks required by a modern aircraft, with its more complex systems, in our complex air and ground environment. It is also fascinating reading for the aware and questioning, airline traveller.
Welcome to the world of aviation professionalism.
ISBN (Printed): 978-0-949499-20-2
ISBN (Digital): 978-0-949499-21-9
We use DHL Express and Express Post
1-2 Day Delivery to most areas for orders received by 12 noon Monday-Friday on stocked items.
WA and remote areas please allow an extra day or two.
Over $200 shipping is FREE!
Under $20 - $15.95
$20 - $99.99 - $12.95
$100 - 199.99 - $10.95
DHL will deliver to a PO Box
We ship worldwide - shipping will be calculated at the checkout.
All duty and customs charges are the responsibility of the customer
If you are not absolutely happy with your purchase you have 30 days to return the item(s) back to us for an exchange or store credit.
3 Easy Steps
Step 1 | Submit a return request (RMA) click here
Step 2 | Follow the shipping instructions that will be emailed to you.
Step 3 | Your return will be processed within 3 business days of being returned to the Downunder Pilot Shop.
WHAT can be returned?
All your products are returnable, except for the usual exceptions, DVD's, underwear, software, all Jeppesen electronic and paper chart products and any product marked as "Special Order".
We do not offer refunds if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it. But you are able to exchange unwanted items for store credit.
See Our Terms and Conditions for more on Returns