Bose A30 Aviation Headset
UPDATE: GA (Twin-plug) versions are back in stock and available for immediate dispatch.
The Bose A30 is the most comfortable around-ear headset Bose has ever created. It dramatically elevates every flight with the best combination of comfort, audio clarity and active noise cancellation available on the market.
All other plug types that show zero stock will ship within 1-3 weeks. We have shipments arriving all the time but they are selling as fast as we get them in. Occasionally there is a short wait on the next shipment.
*This product is for the straight cable version only, coiled cord versions coming soon
Main Features for the new Bose A30 Headset:
- Lightweight design with low clamping force - 20% less clamping force than the Bose A20
- Three modes of active noise cancellation
- Unmatched audio clarity with active equalisation
- Precision-focused noise cancelling microphone
- Toolless, side-swappable down cable and microphone
Compared to the Bose A20 Aviation Headset, it has:
- Enhanced comfort achieved through a purposeful design with quality materials, redistribution of weight throughout the headset and reduced clamping force.
- Digital active noise reduction with three modes of active noise cancellation.
- Tap control.
- A thinner, more flexible down cable.
- A swappable down cable (no tools required).
- Storage in a smaller carrying case.
What is the Bose A30 Aviation Headset, and what are its key benefits?
The Bose A30 Aviation Headset is best utilized where noise is pervasive, comfort is required and communication is critical.
The A30 is the industry’s quietest, most comfortable active noise cancelling aviation headset. It provides unparalleled long term comfort with enhanced communication capabilities, including selectable modes of noise cancellation and talk-through tap control. With FAA/EASA TSO C-139a certification, an onhead weight of only 404 grams and many different plug configurations, pilots of virtually all aircraft can experience the most versatile around-ear headset on the market.
What’s different about the Bose A30 Aviation Headset?
The Bose A30 Aviation Headset is our most advanced around-ear aviation headset ever. Its lightweight design, low clamping force and specialized earcup design enable maximum comfort, even over long flights.
The A30 is customizable to pilots’ environment and/or personal preferences with three selectable modes of active noise cancellation. This industry-leading active noise cancellation is achieved without compromising the acclaimed clear audio and simplicity of use expected from Bose.
All models come with two AA batteries, and select models can also be powered by the aircraft. These models have a flexible power feature that allows pilots to switch seamlessly from battery power to aircraft power without compromising headset performance.
What is included in the box with the Bose A30 Aviation Headset?
- Carrying case
- 2 AA batteries
- Control module hanger
- 2 clothing clips
- Warranty card
- Quick-start and owner’s guides
connection configurations are:
- Dual plug (PJ 068 and ¼ inch stereo): With the dual plug, two AA alkaline batteries provide a minimum of 45 hours of operation while flying. This version is user-configured for stereo or mono audio and is commonly used across all aircraft types.
- XLR 5 pin: This configuration, often called the Airbus plug, is a mono connection that’s powered by the aircraft or batteries, depending on the aircraft’s capabilities. When disconnected, the flexible power feature allows pilots to switch seamlessly between aircraft and battery power.
- U-174: The U-174 is a single-plug configuration commonly used in both military aircraft and several helicopter models.
- (LEMO) 6 pin connector: With this option, the headset is connected to the aircraft via a 6 pin connector and is powered directly from the aircraft. Two AA alkaline batteries can also be used to enhance flexibility. When disconnected, the flexible power feature allows pilots to switch seamlessly between aircraft and battery power.*
*Bose adapters are available to convert a 6 pin connector to either a dual G/A
plug or a U-174 for additional connection flexibility.
Downunder Pilot Shop is currently in the process of merging with Concept Aviation into a new retail & warehouse location in Bankstown Aerodrome. Although we are still taking and fulfilling orders, we might be a little slower than normal to get back to your email or phone call. There may also be a slight delay (1-2 days) to get your order sent. We apologise for any inconvience and will be back to normal operations by Monday 27th of November.
We proudly use Australia Post
95% of orders are shipped out on the same day when made before 4pm AEST.
Under $20 - $15.95
$20 - $99.99 - $12.95
$100 - $199.99 - $10.95
Over $200 shipping is FREE!
Domestic Delivery Times:
1-3 days for most Metro deliveries
3-7 days for rural deliveries
Can be up to 10 days for very remote areas of Australia
You can pickup your order from our store in Sydney. See Contact Us page for our location and opening hours.
We can deliever to PO Boxes with Australia Post
shipping will be calculated at the checkout.
All duty and customs charges are the responsibility of the customer
Go to: Shipping Policy page
If you are not absolutely happy with your purchase you have 30 days to return the item(s) back to us for an exchange or store credit.
3 Easy Steps
Step 1 | Submit a return request (RMA) contact us
Step 2 | Follow the shipping instructions that will be emailed to you.
Step 3 | Your return will be processed within 3 business days of being returned to the Downunder Pilot Shop.
What can be returned?
All your products are returnable, except for the usual exceptions, DVD's, underwear, software, all Jeppesen electronic and paper chart products and any products marked as "Special Order".
We do not offer refunds if you got what you asked for but simply changed your mind, found it cheaper somewhere else, decided you did not like the purchase or had no use for it. But you are able to exchange unwanted items for store credit.
See our Terms and Conditions for more on returns.